Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Modernistic and Pristine Landscape

Landscape Photo's

  I am taking an art class, because I need the credit, and it happens to be a photography class. One of our assignments was to take pictures of modern and pristine landscape. There is a difference I guess and we were supposed to distinguish that difference and take pictures accordingly. My grade for this assignment was and 18.5 out of 20. I lost some points when I put a picture of a large sign in, you have to admit it is a pretty cool sign and it is modern landscapish.


   Pristine landscape is supposed to be completely nature. There shouldn't be anything that shows man has been there or touched anything. Anything from the smallest object could ruin a photo that is supposed to be pristine. Normally I would say there the same just different contexts, but for the classes sake they are different. This sunset pictures if pristine, it's is all natural and completely nature, and there is nothing man made in it.




    Modernistic landscape is just the opposite. It's pictures that have plenty of man made stuff in them. These pictures of campus are all man made and are a good example of the modernistic approach. The Phillips sign is not the best example but it is man made and I liked the sign, I had to take a picture. Personally I like to take pictures of the modernistic view better, maybe because I like buildings. I also like to work for my photos, taking pictures of pristine landscape is just to easy.

This is totally a Modern Landscape!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment